Home Care Scheduling Software to Achieve Perfect Balance Between Caregivers, Their Shifts and Patient Needs
2 months ago
About 1.2 Million Canadian adults needed home care services in 2021!
- 26% had their needs unmet
- 10% had their needs partially met
Home care agencies are failing to uphold the growing home care demands of adults and old age people.
Poor scheduling of the caregivers is the primary reason behind that.
Workers at Sarnia’s Afton Park Place are demonstrating this afternoon. They say management of the long term care home isn’t scheduling staff properly and it’s affecting residents health and safety. #SLont pic.twitter.com/VXkD0ZZmH8— Melanie Irwin (@MIrwinCHOKNews) May 9, 2018
Sensing the downward trend in home care services, we have come up with the home care scheduling software that holds the enormous potential to speed up the home care agencies' growth, caregivers' productivity, and can open new business opportunities for the healthcare startups.
The current scenario of the traditional home care services is just awful
No doubt, home care agencies are putting extra effort to keep up the rapid pace with the rising care demands of adults and elderly age people.
But, the poor execution of caregivers' scheduling is holding back the expansion of the home care business and so their care solutions.
Here is a glimpse of its common concerns.
- Time-consuming scheduling process:
Home care agencies need to maintain all the caregivers scheduling processes manually, which initially increases the time and the management cost.
- High possibility of miscommunication:
The lack of technology solutions is the prior reason behind the miscommunication between the caregivers and the agency’s management staff.
As a consequence, adults or elderly age people undergo a poor care experience which results in the payroll of the caregivers and the prestige of the home care agency.
- Inefficient workflows:
Due to the manual approach in the caregivers' scheduling, agencies frequently confront time-consuming workflows as of a lack of transparency and flexibility.
So, what’s the workable solution here?
See, home care needs are rapidly growing in Canada and the USA.
This means, putting only extra effort is not going to work for home care agencies.
But, sometimes smart actions deliver result-driven solutions even in the worst scenarios.
And home care scheduling software is the only possible way to live up to the mark of the adults and elderly age peoples home care demands.
How is home care scheduling software empowering the efforts of home care agencies and caregivers?
It is an innovative tech solution that enables home care agencies and caregivers to manage all scheduling and clients’ needs-related activities.
Using home care scheduling software or solutions, agencies can decode the caregivers scheduling concerns which directly improves the care outcomes and the overall agencies' growth.
What can agencies do with home care scheduling solution?
- Can schedule the home care services for the caregivers
- Can appoint ideal caregivers that match the requirements of the clients
- Can share the care activities or task list with the caregivers
- Can share the location of the client’s home with the caregivers
- Can maintain the billing and invoicing of the caregivers
- Can analyze the real-time location of the caregivers
- Can inform the caregivers about the shift offers
- Can examine the caregivers by their skills and availability
- It streamlines the caregivers' workflows.
- It enables you to easily fit with the clients’ care requirements.
- It enhances the ROI of your home care services.
What can caregivers do with home care scheduling solution?
- Can examine the day-to-day tasks and activities
- Can prepare themselves as per the care needs
- Can explore the location of the client's home
- Can review the entire care plan
- Can reschedule the care services
- Can gain the insights into previous visits
- It improves the care outcomes and quality of care experience.
- It helps the caregivers to avoid miscommunications.
- It supports the caregivers to focus on the clients’ care needs.
What features are there in the home care scheduling software?
Features for the home care agencies:
- Custom dashboard
- Clients profiles
- Caregivers profiles
- Accounting management
- Comprehensive schedule management
- Appointment reminders to the caregivers
- Share the clients’ locations with caregivers
- Caregivers skills and abilities section
- Advanced reporting
- Care documentation
- Visit reports
- Manage the task and activities of the caregivers
- Technical support
Features for the caregivers:
- Customized dashboard
- Appointment schedule management
- Services task and activities section
- Review the care plan of the client
- Appointment history
- Progress notes
- Accounting management
- Technical support
Let us clear one thing.
Whether you’re a home care agency or just another person looking forward to gaining some knowledge, you can use home care scheduling software in two forms.
- By developing a custom software
- By acquiring from the third-party solution provider
But there is a huge difference between both of them when it comes to performance and other key things.
So, let’s explore it in detail.
Custom V/S third-party home care scheduling software
- It is specially made as per your organization’s requirements.
- It offers more flexibility, transparency, and scalability.
- You can change the specifications or features at any time.
- It gives more data protection and security.
- No limits to functionality improvements
- It gives full code ownership.
- You are not the complete owner of the platform.
- You need to pay even for the small changes in the software.
- High possibility of the data breaches and you don’t control anything
- Gives you less functionality and flexibility
- Low compatibility compare to custom home care scheduling software
We are creating a new door for the healthcare industry with our healthcare IT class
We deliver healthcare IT experience in a true sense.
We always live up to the expectations of our clients so that they can accomplish their business goals hassle-free.
We hold a unique skill to sense a business opportunity in every healthcare IT concern.
We simplify the care approach for healthcare facilities, enterprises, and organizations.
We have extensive experience in dealing with long-term care homes and senior care challenges.
We are breaking all the obstacles of the healthcare industry with our army of 50+ healthcare IT professionals.
We are Canadian healthcare IT experts, well-known to deliver peace of mind and clinical value to our healthcare IT business, technical, and compliance solutions.
In case you are wondering, let us share our successful healthcare project delivery approach.