How to Start Online Pharmacy App Like PocketPills in Canada, USA?
2 years ago
As per the report, “Global Online Pharmacy Market Size To Hit USD 210.35 Billion by 2028 at a 17.83% CAGR Growth (with COVID-19 Analysis)”.
But the question remains the same - how much are you getting out of it and how?
How long does it take to develop an online pharmacy app like PocketPills?
Developing a healthcare app including a pharmacy app is challenging due to interoperability, compliance, remarkable UI, and complex workflow.
No one can estimate how many days exactly it will take to build the app as it depends on several factors. However, we put all resources to good use and make sure to deliver as soon as possible without compromising its quality.
What are the benefits of online pharmacy?
For business owners:
- Expand product catalogue without spending on the brick and mortar store.
- Support expanded the roles of a pharmacist such as medication therapy management.
- Provide a personalized customer experience.
- Expand the pharmacy business beyond your locality.
- Make strategic decisions after understanding customer behaviour with data.
- Divert the target audience from multiple marketing channels to one place - the app.
- Manage customers, staff, and vendors painlessly, from one place only.
- Secure and fast patient data management
- Efficient inventory management that saves valuable time and human resources
- ePharmacy app is easily accessible to the consumers
- Patients can simply manage and track their orders in real-time
- Consumers can discover detailed information regarding every drug
- Less time consuming and affordable solution rather than a physical store
- Consumers can easily communicate with certified medical experts for every query regarding medication or prescription
- Online pharmacy is the most useful solution for the patient having – chronic conditions and disabilities
Which are the types of pharmacy apps you can develop?
- Pharmacy Marketplace: An Amazon-like platform where all individual pharmacies can register and carry out online pharmacy practice.
- Online Pharmacy App: A dedicated app allowing a brick-mortar pharmacy to receive & manage orders online, parallel to offering in-store service.
- Online Only Pharmacy App: For pharmacies not offering in-store service. Only having a dispensing center to fulfill orders received through the mobile app.
Why and which compliance are needed to build an online pharmacy Canada?
Any pharmacy selling drugs online through a mobile app or website is required to adhere to the ‘Internet Pharmacy Guideline’ released by the government of Ontario and other data privacy laws.
In the event of negligence, the pharmacy can be liable for the fine. It sometimes costs the pharmacy license.
According to the Internet Pharmacy Guideline,
- The website or app must be in compliance with federal and provincial regulations regarding the advertising of drugs, fees, and pharmacy services.
- The home page of any pharmacy site must identify the accreditation number and owner, the physical location of the pharmacy, the designated manager, telephone number to contact the pharmacy.
- The site or app should be PHIPA compliant and protect the personal information of the patients as noted in the PHIPA law.
- Get the full list of online pharmacy laws here.
Which types of pharmacies can be turned into online pharmacies?
At SyS Creations, we have turned many types of pharmacies including long-term care pharmacies and hospital pharmacies into modern online pharmacies.
With gained experience, we have drafted the workable process to turn any pharmacies into online pharmacies.
These pharmacies include
- Community pharmacy
- Hospital pharmacy
- Clinical pharmacy
- Industrial pharmacy
- Compounding pharmacy
- Consulting pharmacy
- Ambulatory care pharmacy
- Regulatory pharmacy
- Home care pharmacy
Which technologies are utilized for pharmacy app development?
A pharmacy app is equipped with complex yet mandatory features such as tracking, payment, notifications, analytics etc.
To accommodate such features, developers use many cutting-edge technologies and solutions.
Why is PocketPills pharmacy leading the Canadian market?
PocketPills is Canada’s leading online pharmacy. It provides a full pharmacy experience in a digital environment.
PocketPills has already built a large user base by instantly connecting patients with pharmacists and managing patient medication online through the easy-to-use mobile app.
In case of every query regarding medication or prescription, patients can directly communicate with the healthcare professional via text or video call.
PocketPills leverages workflow automation to satisfy the prescription delivery needs of the patients even with the minimum staff.
In essence, people are opting more for PocketPills due to the convenience it offers.
Funding information of PocketPills
PocketPills which was founded by Abhinav Gupta, Harj Samra and Raj Gulia recently raised $7.35 million in a funding round, led by the WaterBridge Investment Firm.
PocketPills pharmacy has been using this cash injection to expand across the country and to open fulfillment centers in Nova Scotia and Quebec.
The most recent news of PocketPills
- Benefits By Design (BBD) Inc. partners with PocketPills
On October 5, 2020, PocketPills announced the partnership with Benefits By Design Inc. to provide digital pharmacy services to Canadian businesses.
- PocketPills Announces Partnership with BioScript Solutions
On August 5, 2020, PocketPills announced a partnership with BioScript Solutions to expand access to specialty medications for Canadians.
- PocketPills Expands to Nova Scotia
PocketPills which has already been providing Canada’s first full-service online pharmacy service in BC, Alberta, Ontario, Yukon and Northwest Territories and Manitoba recently expanded to Nova Scotia.
- PocketPills Raises $30 Million in Series B (Updated March 2021)
Recently, PocketPills announced that they have raised $30 million CAD in their series B of funding round. The round was led by Telus Ventures, with participation from the previous investors.
- PocketPills announces advisory board to expand the company’s reach (Updated April 2022)
PocketPills, which already offers free same-day delivery across Canada, recently stated that they have begun to implement a new plan to help the company expand across the country.
Which features do we offer for the online pharmacy Canada app?
As a healthcare-focused IT company, we offer fast, convenient, and easily accessible features for the online pharmacy app.
For business owners:
- Dedicated interface
- Manage inventory
- Track and manage orders
- Order notifications
- Customer data management
- Prescription verification
- Contact via text and video call
- Payment management
- Track earnings
- Analytics tools
- Daily, weekly, and monthly reports
- Technical support
- Search box
- Individual drug and product sections
- Direct communication with medical experts via text, call or video call
- Upload prescription by taking picture of it
- Detailed medicine information
- Offers and discount section
- Product cart
- Track and manage orders
- Manage prescription and medication history
- Refill medicine and prescription
- Secure payment option
- Medication reminder
- Technical support
How much profit can you make if you turn your pharmacy into an online pharmacy?
All thanks to mobile apps or websites, pharmacies get an online presence which automatically increases sales.
It also facilitates pharmacy owners to attract new customers and reach new geographical locations.
With online pharmacy Canada, you can keep an eye on customer behaviour and make data-driven business strategic decisions.
Recently, a top Canada-based long-term care pharmacy went online and achieved outstanding results.
They automated prescription order management by 90%, reduced transcription errors by 80% and doubled the revenue. Read the full case study here.
Furthermore, telemedicine service in the ePharmacy app can be more financially beneficial for your business. So, let’s discover it in more detail.
Why should you offer telemedicine solutions in your online pharmacy app?
For patients, it is an all-in-one solution.
Using telemedicine, patients can directly communicate with certified physicians regarding their several health-related concerns, medication advice, and prescription refill.
Apart from that, here are some of the common benefits of providing teleconsultation services in your online pharmacy app.
- Assists you stay ahead of your competitors
- It enriches the patient care experience
- Helps you boost your online pharmacy business revenue
How can we help you if you do not have a technical background to understand pharmacy app development elements?
Since you are not serving in the technical field, you might have many technical and legal questions regarding online pharmacy.
For instance, you must be wondering how a pharmacy app gets drug information, is it legal to sell medical cannabis through a pharmacy app, what are the pharmacy and cannabis laws in Ontario and other provinces etc.
However, our team accommodates business experts as well as legal advisors who will give you insightful consultation on market, laws and other technical elements of the pharmacy app.
The entire project delivery lifecycle we follow to build a mobile/web app for your pharmacy
Our expertise in Kroll integration will help you optimize all online pharmacy operations
Kroll is a very popular pharmacy management solution. It is so popular that more than 90% of pharmacies are using it in Canada.
If you integrate Kroll with your online pharmacy Canada app, you can save time, cost, and manage workflows from your app itself.
In other words, you can utilize almost all pharmacy management features and data provided by Kroll from your mobile app.
For example, if you fill a prescription on your Kroll dashboard, it appears on your app too. And from the app, you can manage the workflows and prescriptions.
For your better understanding, the following are the major benefits of Kroll integration with the ePharmacy app.
- Secure access to patient data in real-time
- Error-free patient medical records entry into Kroll
- Saves your valuable time
- Painless workforce management that enhances the productivity
- Time-saving drug inventory management
- Kroll integration supports e-refills
So, if you're looking for a way to make your online pharmacy app workflows easier, we have dedicated experts and hands-on experience with Kroll integration.
Read our dedicated resource: Kroll Integration
What is the definitive solution if you have a low investment cap?
Due to the pandemic, consumers are now preferring online solutions for any type of health concern.
As a result, for pharmacies, an online pharmacy app is the must-needed solution to fulfill the ongoing and future demands of the consumers.
However, the development of a pharmacy app is a costly concern, especially if you have a low investment cap.
To eliminate those challenges, we have a superior solution for that.
“Kroll’s PharmaConnect white-label app”.
At very affordable prices, you can use a feature-rich app that is integrated with Kroll PMS.
We help you acquire and set up Kroll PharmaConnect white-label with ease.
Continue with: Get started with Telus Kroll PharmaConnect white-label
You are just one click away to start an online pharmacy in Canada
Though it seems a fantasy, we have been ceaselessly leveraging technologies to affordably and quickly modernize pharmacies.
At the end of the day, we are healthcare specialists and we have answers to your every question.
So, let’s connect to discuss your 15-day journey toward actualizing the online pharmacy to survive the next 30 years effortlessly.
You must also read: How to build an app like Algo?