How Much Does it Cost And How to Make an App for Online Flower Delivery / App for Flower Shop?
2 years ago
To all florists running a flower shop in Canada and around the world,
You must’ve had a tough time in 2020.
But now, you might have already figured out the strategies to increase sales.
If not, this is the time!
You should get near to where the market is heading.
Yesterday, the London-based online flower delivery app named Bloom & Wild announced the funding of a whopping $102 million!
💐@BloomandWild raises $102m following a record year with 160% growth and 4m deliveries. @martinmignot: "Through relentless execution, Aron and his team have created the fastest growing flower business in Europe."— Index Ventures (@IndexVentures) January 18, 2021
Story by @ingridlunden in @TechCrunchhttps://t.co/pFIAAmvhgc
This could be the revenue you make from your flower shop, not even in 100 years!
Do you wonder why it raises $102 million just in funding in a single shot, and I can’t make even $1 million in 1 year?
It is because it runs the flower business online through a mobile app, and you run your business offline - and if online, only through the age-old website!
In other words, the difference between you making $102 million in 100 years vs. you making $102 million in a single shot is the tiny little mobile app for flower delivery service.
Considering the importance of mobile apps, we’re writing this blog to solve all of your doubts, including costs, if you plan to go for flower delivery app development.
The Working of Flower Delivery Apps
It mainly depends on the type of flower delivery apps. So, let’s discuss the working of the flower delivery app concerning its kind.
Type 1: App For Your Own Flower Shop and Customers
You develop the app for only your flower shop and customers. You remain the app owner, and you take all earnings to the home.
How does it work?
- Your customers planning to order flowers online sign up or log in to the app.
- They explore the variety of flowers you’re selling and purchase their preferred ones.
- Customers add the delivery address where they would like to receive or send flowers and make the payment. (You later don’t have to split this payment with anyone.)
- As soon as you receive the order on your admin app, you pack the order and deliver it to customers through your hired delivery drivers.
- Customers and you both can track the delivery drivers’ location and communicate with them from the app.
Type 2: App for Other Florists and Their Customers
Such an online flower delivery business runs similar to UberEats, where other business owners register themselves on your app and run their business online through your app.
What about earning? - Well, you take a fixed percentage of commission on every order value they receive.
How does it work?
- You develop the app and let all florists register themselves with their services on your app.
- You hire delivery drivers.
- Users explore your app, where users find all nearby online flower shops with offerings and prices.
- Users place the order from their preferred florist and make the payment, which you receive first.
- One of the drivers reaches that flower shop, picks up the order and delivers it to the customer.
- On one fixed day in a week, you keep commission with you and credit each florist’s remaining earnings to his bank account.
Benefits of Owning an App For Your Flower Shop
You must have ordered food using DoorDash, UberEats, Deliveroo, or any other food delivery app.
Just because they accept food orders through the app, they received you as the customer and added extra dollars into revenue.
Yes, it is their extra income as they earn well through dine-in service.
But this extra income is now becoming their main income as more people are ordering online.
The same scenario is with flower shops.
Many people prefer to buy flowers in-person, but many prefer to buy flowers online to save time and cost, and they are increasing rapidly in numbers.
With the mobile app, you can target these leftover customers and generate extra revenue.
You can convert your casual customers to frequent customers with custom notifications of offers and subscriptions for the daily different flower delivery.
When it comes to customer satisfaction, the app takes it to the next level.
From order placement to managing the addresses, making payment, and tracking the delivery driver, the customer can do everything without stepping out of his home.
One of the biggest benefits of owning a mobile app for your flower shop is high customer reach.
Since there are only around 8 florists per 100,000 population in Canada, people struggle to find the florist nearby or within minutes.
You can leverage this scarcity with an app, as with a mobile app, you can provide, easy, affordable, rapid, and convenient way of purchasing and sending flowers.
Only With Online Flower Delivery App, You Can Perform These Exclusive & Profitable Business Activities.
- You can offer the ‘order online, pick-up from store’ option to let customers quickly buy the flowers without wasting time in crowded shops.
- You can send customized offers to all of your customers in a single shot - many times in a day.
- You can receive payment online.
- You can solve payment dispute complaints within minutes through the admin panel’s ‘payment management’ feature.
- You can assign the delivery job and share the delivery location with the drivers automatically.
- You can track the live location of the drivers.
- You can launch the subscription service in which you send different flowers every day for a longer period of time.
Subscription Plans Bloom And Wild Offer
- You can gather customer data and analyze the data to find their preferences and online buying behavior.
These all exclusive business activities you can perform easily with a mobile app result in higher sales and profit.
Useful Features You Must Integrate into Flower Delivery Service App
Deciding on the app feature set is crucial as the cost of flower delivery app development depends on the development hours, and development hours depend on several features and their complexity.
Customer App Features:
- Sign Up/Login
- Explore Flowers
- Search Flowers by Price, Occasion, Ratings
- Place Order
- Address Book
- Communication With Delivery Drivers, Florists
Admin/Flower Shop App Features:
- Customer Management
- Promo Code Management
- Payment Management
- Driver Management
- Order Management
- Customer Service Module
- Communication With Delivery Drivers, Customers
- Product/Flowers Listing
Delivery Driver App Features:
- Sign Up/Login
- Receive Delivery Jobs
- Earning Report
- Communication With Customers, Florists
The Cost to Develop an App for Online Flower Delivery
As discussed earlier, the cost of app development depends on the hours of development.
If we know the developers’ hourly charges and know how many hours they require to achieve the features we just listed out, we can easily estimate the overall cost.
In Canada, app developers take somewhere around $50 per hour. (Many still take $90 to $120 per hour.)
|Customer App Features:|
|Admin/Flower Shop App Features:|
|Delivery Driver App Features:|
|Total App Hours: 680||Total App Cost: $34000|
Please note that the total app cost here is the estimated cost. We always aim to keep it within your budget with our rapid custom app development lifecycle.
You can contact us for a personalized quote.
We’re an Ontario-based top app development company that does not only develop the app but delivers the business with our in-house app developers, designers, business & legal experts.
In 2020, we helped more than 100 organizations across several industries, especially healthcare and retail to survive the hardest time with tiny and affordable mobile apps.
If app development cost is bothering you, challenge us to develop an app within $XXXXX! We will accept your challenge!