How did an Ontario-based LTC
home achieve a 63% reduction in administrative burdens and 57% in transcription errors?
Instead of repeating, we address the business problem of every client uniquely with
customized solutions. We leverage every latest technology and bring it within the
financial reach of our clients. Our unique and transparent development, delivery,
and maintenance approaches set the business goals of our clients in motion. You
will feel confident about our services after reading the success stories of our clients
who have eliminated the time-consuming manual processes and saved millions over
An Ontario-based long-term care facility contacted SyS Creations before COVID-19 period. They had a few challenging yet most common requirements - eliminate most of the paper-based processes, enrich prescription order management, and reduce administrative burdens.
To satisfy the LTC home’s requirements, SyS Creations tied up with a virtual healthcare solution provider - Writi which is our prominent client. Soon, the SyS Creations team and the Writi team started working on the transition calendar, collaboratively.
Though the COVID-19 affected our transition calendar severely, our teams stayed on course and even provided 24/7 on-site support. As an upshot, one of the end results the client has been experiencing is a 63% reduction in administrative burdens that helps them to put more time for resident care.
Objectives & Problem Statements
- Streamline most of the LTC operations using technology
- Minimize transcription errors, so do the medication incidents
- Create more time for resident care by reducing the time spent on paperwork
- Actualize rapid care and quality care
- Reduce administrative burdens
However, the unprecedented situation caused by COVID-19 multiplied the objectives as an LTC is accommodating the most vulnerable age group to coronavirus.
- Continuity of care
- Timely access to care
- Virtual visits between physicians and residents
- Telephonic prescription orders
Because of the diverse client requirements, we employed the hardware solution, software solution, and support service. SyS Creations team ensured the delivery and deployment of the hardware solution and Writi team ensured the software solution delivery, implementation, and staff training.
The hardware solution included tablets, styluses, tablet arms, and tablet mounts. And the software solution included a virtual healthcare tool - Writi.
The Action Plan
❖ Hardware Solution
- Our hardware engineers visited the client's LTC home and assessed which hardware is required.
- They prepared an extensive hardware deployment plan which included type and number of hardware devices, right placement of tablets or tablet mounts, styluses and ways to follow LTC hardware hygiene policy.
- Our trusted vendors shipped the tablets, tablet mounts, tablet arms, and styluses to the LTC homes.
- Hardware implementation team installed the hardware equipment followed by configuration.
❖ Software Solution
- IT assessment team of Writi validated ways Writi could solve the client’s challenges.
- According to the report submitted by the IT assessment team, the IT development team of Writi customized a few features of Writi to better solve the client’s challenges.
- Later, the implementation team installed the Writi solution on each deployed tablet.
❖ IT Support
- A team of Support Engineers gave a live demo of Writi to healthcare professionals working in LTC home.
- Support Engineers provided 24/7 on-site support for 4 days after deployment of Writi.