How Did We Build Network Infrastructure Remotely in 3 Days During COVID-19?
An uninterrupted internet connection is the most basic requirement, especially in a healthcare entity to bring administrative processes online and save time. However, deploying a network in the medium-large scale organization isn’t as easy as a home network as it involves many complex networking devices that require custom configuration.
An Ontario-based LTC home reached out to SyS Creations during COVID-19. They were using the legacy Wi-Fi system and experiencing many network issues and glitches which often resulted in a poor connection. Extensive downtime became routine for them. Eventually, they had to go paper-based and use their MAR and TAR completely manually.
The client had a very straightforward requirement: plan, design, deploy and maintain a robust network infrastructure so that they can eliminate paperwork and resume online senior care processes without any interruptions.
: Healthcare (Long-Term Care Home)
: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
: Managed IT Services (Networking)
Objectives & Problem Statements
- Staff members, residents, and guests should be able to access high-speed Internet anywhere in the LTC facility and retirement home.
- Internet speed should be uniform at every bed or room of residents.
- Any network error should be reported and solved immediately with trigger-based mechanisms.
- Ability to monitor the network parameters such as network events, connections, coverage, and traffic in real-time.
The Action Plan
Networking Hardware Assessment
- Our IT infrastructure team and network engineering team assessed which hardware is required for current problem and future growth.
- Network Engineers prepared the extensive network infrastructure plan which included the number & type of networking hardware, connection method, and right placement.
Networking Hardware Acquisition
- According to the network infrastructure plan, we ordered the networking devices through our distribution network.
- Our trusted vendors - Cisco Meraki & Ubiquiti - shipped the networking devices to our location.
Networking Hardware Configuration
- Our Network Engineers configured 5 Managed Switches and 27 Access Points.
- Later, our Network Engineers tested it and shipped it to the client's location.
Networking Hardware Deployment
We formed support teams for network monitoring, hardware and software support.
- Since our deployment team could not visit the client's LTC home due to COVID-19, the client had to install and deploy pre-configured networking devices on their own. However, our deployment team helped them deploy networking hardware by using a groundbreaking technology - AR-based Remote Assistance Technology.
- We assisted them to place the right networking device to the right location in the LTC facility.
- A dedicated support team always remains on standby to solve network errors as well as the client’s queries immediately.
Accessibility: Staff members, residents, and guests can easily access high-speed Internet from any corner of LTC home.
Availability: Because of the uninterrupted Internet, physicians and family members of residents can seamlessly talk to residents online and help them to gather mental strength during challenging times.
Productivity: The client has achieved an 81% reduction in downtime as the network support team monitors and maintains the network proactively.
Flexibility: The client can monitor the network parameters such as network events, connections, coverage, traffic and control each access point from the single dashboard.
First 30 Hours From First Contact Define Your Business Success
We aim to respond quickly. From the moment we receive your query, a dedicated team drives your journey from consultation, delivery and support.
We understand your requirements, your budget, your goals and your business characteristics.
We employ teams to get personalized solutions, create a master delivery plan, and contact vendors.
We validate the master plan with you, remodel it if needed and start working on customization, configuration and delivery.