“Resident Experience Matters”: Welbi Nabbed $3M CAD for its Patient Engagement Software for Seniors
9 months ago
Good quality of life is what counts in long-term care facilities.
But due to the lack of resident engagement, the care team fails to deliver a quality care experience to residents.
To solve this, Ottawa-based Welbi scored $3M CAD for its patient engagement software for seniors in long-term care facilities and retirement communities.
But how did Welbi’s CEO come up with the idea of patient engagement software for seniors?
Welbi’s CEO and founder Elizabeth Audette-Bourdeau’s grandfather went through a serious stroke. So, the family moved him to the retirement home facilities in order to improve his quality of life.
But his health became worse in the facilities due to the,
- Poor residents engagement
- Lack of motivation
- Low-grade quality of care experience
As a consequence, her grandfather passed away in just a few months.
Audette-Bourdeau and her family felt that they were responsible for it.
So, she founded Welbi in 2016 with the visionary mindset to level up the lives of the residents with patient engagement software or senior engagement software.
Patient engagement software for every senior care community
Welbi collaborates with the retirement community and long-term care facilities to enhance the care efforts of the staff and the lives of the residents with a resident experience platform.
#1. For the retirement community:
It enables retirement homes to improve the quality of care approach with ease.
- Build a personalized care plan to deliver the experience in the true sense
- Allows to understand the exact needs of the residents
- Streamlines and automate the workflows to focus on the residents' engagement
#2. For long-term facilities:
The patient engagement software helps long-term care facilities improve the standard of care so that care team members can provide the best solutions to improve residents’ quality of life.
- Streamline workflows
- Faster and efficient planning, tracking and reporting
- Easy integration with PointClickCare
- Painless data access and management
- Dodge the compliance hassles
Senior engagement software is creating a new environment in resident care facilities
What makes the senior engagement software special is that it helps both residents and the facilities under the same roof.
- Saves valuable time for the care team:
The patient engagement platform for seniors helps the care team to automate the manual task so that they can spend more time with the residents.
- Empowers the care team:
An all-in-one solution in one place reduces the work burden and speeds up the onboarding process of the care team.
- Increases resident satisfaction and engagement:
The care team can examine the real-time insights of the residents to ensure their needs are being fulfilled or not.
- Longers the length of the resident stay:
Because of the pleasing care experience, enhanced engagement, and pleasing care satisfaction, senior engagement software longers the length of stay which initially provides the senior care facilities with more referrals.
Features that enrich the resident experience
A feature-rich patient engagement software for seniors reduces the administrative burden, saves valuable time and costs, and strengthens the care efforts of the home care team.
Following are some of the result-driven features of the resident experience platform.
- Daily overview to manage everything in one place
- Insightful dashboard to control tasks efficiently and effectively
- Calendar and scheduling tool that saves time for the recreation planning
- Print designer for eye-catching calendars
- Resident profile to access the valuable information in real-time
- Community insights to make a better care decision
- Create and track – goals, assessments, programs and residents
- Personalized plan for the residents with real-time recommendations
- Integration to streamline data collection and reduce manual workflows
- Prevent the spread of communicable diseases by tracking the residents in just one click
- Dashboard for headquarter that enhance the visibility
This way, senior engagement software improves the lives of residents.
Enriching senior care experience has been our personal interest since our inception
We started our healthcare IT journey way back in 2015 with the solid ambition to strengthen healthcare.
Since then, we put extra efforts into every health tech project, especially for senior care solutions.
Because the care experience of the residents has been drowning in the senior care facilities.
Thus, we have a personal interest in improving the senior care experience and satisfaction.
Numerous Canadian long-term care facilities and retirement homes consider us a saviour of the senior care industry.
But why? As we have supported them even during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our role as health tech experts in long-term care facilities during the COVID-19 pandemic
The situation was hazardous in LTC facilities during the pandemic.
Here is a glimpse of it.
The situation was miserable for the LTC facilities.
But we were the shining light for them in the COVID-19 dark tunnel!
Here is how we supported them without stepping out of our homes.
Case study #1:
Read the entire case study: Eliminated 63% administrative work burden
Case study #2:
Read the entire case study: Built network infrastructure in 3 days
We strive to break the healthcare cell of the hardships!
We are here to reign the health tech industry.
We want to build a new healthcare environment with our healthcare IT class.
For us, the only true wisdom is knowing the exact needs of healthcare startups, organizations, and enterprises.
With our 50+ healthcare IT ninjas, we aim to fill the gaps that are restricting healthcare providers to thrive.
So, let’s have a productive talk about how we can shatter your health tech barriers with our healthcare IT experience, expertise and experts!