A Definitive Overview of Selecting the Decent Technology Stack for Healthcare Apps
3 weeks ago
Healthcare apps need to be fast, secure, and productive to decode the day-to-day health concerns of the patients.
To earn that, healthcare business owners and developers must focus on appointing an adequate and high-performing technology stack for healthcare apps.
So, in this blog, we’ll explain how to choose the ideal tech stack for healthcare apps and how it can enable you to achieve your healthcare enterprise goals hassle-free.
Pick the result-driven programming language in the technology stack for healthcare apps
First, let’s understand what a technology stack is.
It is the set of programming languages, databases, frameworks, front and back-end technologies, and APIs used to build any app.
Choosing the ideal technology stack is important for healthcare enterprises to avoid low-grade app performance and patient medical data breaches.
So, here are the common aspects that affect the tech stack selection of healthcare apps.
- Business goals
- App functionalities
- Investment cap
- User interface
That’s the reason, healthcare app development is not a simple task as you need to deal with the modern essentials of both patients and care providers in the same environment.
So, here are some of the best programming languages you should execute in your healthcare app development.
For iOS app development:
Swift is a robust and secure programming language. It was created by Apple in 2014 to make iOS app development simpler and more effective.
Because of the open-source code and ease of use, app developers are using Swift rather than Objective-C language.
#Benefits of the Swift:
- It is easy to read as of the simple syntax.
- Automatic memory management that reduces the development time and developers' efforts
- Apple believes in security. Thus, Swift is one of the safest programming languages
- Swift is massively evolving and improving as of the open-source code
- It is extremely fast and supports dynamic libraries
- Coincide code makes Swift easily understandable
For Android app development:
Java and Kotlin are the most popular programming languages for Android app development.
Java started as the official language of Android app development but in recent years, Kotlin is dominating the market as Google announced Kotlin as the official language for Android app development way back in 2019.
#Benefits of Kotlin:
- Enables developers to write less code
- Simplicity and readability make Kotlin the best language
- Adoption of the Kotlin is effortless
- The intuitive syntax makes Kotlin a high-performance coding language
- Full compatibility with the Java
- Comprehensive support from the Android Studio
- Easier to maintain which improves the productivity
- Streamlined and efficient design
Despite the massive adoption of Kotlin, Java is still an effective Android app development solution due to its reliability and security.
#Benefits of the Java:
- Java is simple to handle
- Removing bugs is much easier compared to Kotlin
- Safety standard is higher in Java
- It’s an object-oriented programming language which improves the usability and flexibility of the code.
- Cost-effective and required less maintenance
- The automatic garbage collection system
- More stable compared to Kotlin
- It supports multithreading
For cross-platform app development:
It is the app development approach in which developers don’t need to write a separate programming language for both Android and iOS operating systems.
In other words, a single code base is enough to run multiple operating systems without any initial modifications.
For cross-platform app development, app developers are preferring a Flutter programming language.
Why? As it is Google’s free and open-source framework.
This weekend I'm (finally) diving into React Native!— Norah Sakal (@norahsakal) May 20, 2022
Biggest benefit➡️developing cross-platform native apps using a single codebase for both iOS and Android apps.
Running both Android studio + Xcode to simulate the app on both devices (you can hear my Mac fan from miles away💆♀️) pic.twitter.com/FCKO40qOYc
#Benefits of the Flutter:
- It speeds up the development process as there is no need to write a separate code for multiple mobile operating systems.
- Required low investment cap
- Flexible and expressive UI
- High performance with intuitive designs
- Launch app in the market in less time
- Fast-rendering engine
- Similar to native app development with larger community support
Third-party technologies integration in healthcare apps
mHealth apps are meant to be integrated with the other technologies to provide flexibility, scalability and high performance to both patients and care providers.
For instance, here are the few integration technologies you should consider in creating a technology stack for healthcare apps.
- EMR/EHR integration to access the patient medical data in real-time
- Secure payment APIs
- APIs for documentation such as health card verification
- Integration with patient portals
- Video conferencing APIs
- Revenue cycle management
- Scheduling management and insurance reimbursement APIs
- Google Map integration
However, security is one of the most critical aspects in the integration of mHealth apps with third-party technologies.
Thus, you need to make sure that there are no vulnerabilities in the mHealth app's integration that might put the patient's crucial medical, financing, and other important data at high risk.
Explore the innovative technologies to create a futuristic and effective tech stack for healthcare apps
Innovative technologies have seen enormous growth in the past few years as it enables healthcare professionals to provide a patient-centric approach, at the point of care, without any complexity.
Furthermore, it allows you to keep up the pace in this ever-expanding digital health tech era so that you can dominate the market along with high ROI.
Here are a few of the innovative technology ideas for selecting the right tech stack for healthcare app development.
- Machine Learning (ML): It analyzes the large patient data to support clinical outcomes, optimize healthcare facility's workflows, smart medical record systems and the list goes on and on.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI): It is improving diagnostic accuracy, patient outcomes, and clinical decision with its result-driven deep algorithms.
You must also read: How AI is used in healthcare?
- Chatbots and Virtual Assistants: These advanced technologies are fulfilling patient healthcare needs in real-time with effective solutions.
- Internet of Medical Things (IoMT): It measures and shares the patients' real-time health conditions with the healthcare professional so that they can make accurate clinical decisions at any time, from anywhere.
Healthcare app development is a complex and tedious process as developers need to deal with the crucial patient data, futuristic tech stack, and business goals under the same roof.
Thus, the mHealth app development requires a healthcare-specific team of technical, business, and compliance experts who knows every ins and outs of the healthcare industry.
So, if you are looking for the same expertise for your healthcare app development, know how we can help you.
You can hire our healthcare-specific react.js and node.js developers for your healthcare projects
We are an Ontario-based healthcare IT company.
Means, we put our extra efforts only into healthcare organizations, enterprises, and start-ups.
What drives us is our healthcare IT passion and dedication to making healthcare easily accessible for everyone.
For that, we have a dedicated team of healthcare-specific react.js and node.js developers who completely understand every inch of the healthcare industry.
With such insightful knowledge of the healthcare industry enables them to perform the result-driven development approach so that healthcare enterprises can achieve their business goals along with meeting the modern needs of both patients and care providers.
We have a solid vision to not let our kids experience the same old-age healthcare solutions that we have undergone.
So, if you want to dominate your market presence with our strong mindset and robust healthcare IT solutions, let’s thrive together!