5 Best HIPAA-Compliant Teletherapy Platforms in 2023
11 months ago
Choosing the best teletherapy platform for your virtual therapy practices can be tricky.
Because not every online therapy app is designed to meet your specific needs (in terms of flexibility and security).
Thus, we’ve narrowed down the best HIPAA-compliant teletherapy platforms along with their features, pros, cons and pricing.
5 Best HIPAA-compliant teletherapy platforms
At the end of the blog, we have listed some of the important aspects that will surely help you select the best HIPAA-compliant teletherapy app!
1. Our white-label teletherapy app
It's the best HIPAA-compliant teletherapy platform.
Because it’s a white-label teletherapy app.
Meaning, it's a ready-to-use app.
In fact, you can also customize it as per your unique branding and workflow needs.
To help you understand our product much better, we have created a demo model of it which you can also access as a patient, provider and master admin.
So, here is a small glimpse of our white-label HIPAA-compliant teletherapy app.
1. Admin portal
Following are its credentials.
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: Admin@123
- OTP (2-factor authorization code): 123456
2. Provider portal
3. Patient side panel
For patient and provider portal, username and password are auto-filled.
(Note: The demo we provided is a teletherapy web app. And we have also created a mobile version of it which you can also explore in this blog. And as per your preference, you can either acquire both or individually.)
Top features of our best HIPAA-compliant teletherapy platform:
Now, take a sneak peek into our HIPAA-compliant teletherapy mobile app.
- User-friendly interface
- It’s HIPAA, PHIPA and PIPEDA compliant.
- Customize the platform as per your unique requirements
- Integrate the app with any other health tech software
- Can integrate with IoT or wearable devices too.
- ePrescription and sick note features
TheraPlatform is one of the best HIPAA-compliant teletherapy platfroms and practice management software in the market.
You must also read: Mental health practice management software
And it’s specifically designed for almost every therapy service like – speech therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy and mental health therapy.
Top features of TheraPlatform:
- HIPAA-compliant video conferencing
- Simple-to-use scheduling system
- HIPAA-compliant documentation
- Billing and invoicing
- Patient portal
- Easy-to-use video conferencing
- Customizable notes
- Simplifies claim process
- Complicated calendar setup
- Poor tech support
Its pricing starts from $39/month/user.
3. Zoom for Healthcare
This HIPAA-compliant teletherapy app comes up with top-notch privacy and security.
But what makes it special is that – it’s high-quality video conferencing.
In fact, its scalable technology allows healthcare professionals to easily integrate the software as per their workflow needs.
Top features of Zoom for healthcare:
- Zoom chat, voice and video conferencing
- Connect with patients
- Collaborate globally
- Host virtual events
- Internal team chat
- Patient waiting room
- EMR integration
- IoT or medical device integration
- It's HIPAA, PIPEDA, PHIPA and GDPR compliant.
- Helps you integrate software easily
- Suitable for large-scale practices
- It only comes up with telehealth solutions.
Its subscription plan starts from $14.99/month, up to 9 licenses
You must also read: EMR Integration Service for PS Suite, Accuro, Oscar EMR
This is one of the best HIPAA-compliant teletherapy platforms for speech therapy and mental health practices.
Because it offers free HIPAA-compliant telemedicine for therapists along with unlimited calling minutes and a virtual waiting room.
Top features of Doxy.me:
- Customizable waiting rooms
- Send invites through SMS/email
- Notification system
- Screen sharing
- Administrative controls
- Group training session
- It's a free online therapy platform for therapists and other healthcare professionals.
- Allows customizing the telemedicine as per your branding needs
- It has shared waiting rooms.
- Compliant with HIPAA, PIPEDA, PHIPA, HITECH and GDPR data protection and privacy laws
- Poor quality of video conferencing
- No integration with other health tech systems
Its pricing starts from $42/month/provider.
It is named as the one of the top-rated HIPAA-compliant teletherapy apps in 2022.
GoToMeeting simplifies online therapy solutions for speech therapy, mental health practices, physical therapy etc.
That’s the reason, it is one of the best teletherapy platforms in the market.
Top features of GoToMeeting:
- Cloud-based recording
- Meeting transcription
- Customize backgrounds
- Meeting diagnostic reports
- Integrate with EMR/EHR
- It offers unlimited meetings.
- Comes up with VoIP phone system
- Access the app from any device
- In-session chat that gives complete privacy
- It is not built specifically for complex teletherapy needs.
Its subscription plan starts from $12/month/user.
6 Steps to choose the best HIPAA-compliant teletherapy platform
We know that improving patient outcomes along with the care experience is your main aim along with a high ROI.
To do so, finding the best HIPAA-compliant teletherapy platform is quite difficult.
But with these below steps, we ensure you that you’ll not need to scratch your head for selection!
- Identify how it is suitable for your patient and other users
- Analyze how it is compatible to integrate with other health tech systems
- Does it offer customization as per your needs?
- Put together all your team members (and stakeholders too)
- Get a live demo to understand the platform more comprehensively
- Evaluate the performance and compare it with your all needs
But if you want to avoid this entire process, our white-label HIPAA-compliant teletherapy platform is the best solution for you.
Because it gives flexibility and compatibility like a custom solution and affordability like never before.
And yes, clinical experience and peace of mind too!
3 FAQs for HIPAA-compliant teletherapy platforms
1. Why it is important to use a HIPAA-compliant teletherapy app?
Teletherapy app stores crucial data regarding patients – health, financial and personal information.
If the app is not compliant with data privacy and security laws (such as HIPAA, PHIPA and PIPEDA), your patients’ data will always be at risk of data breaches.
Thus, it’s important to choose a HIPAA-compliant teletherapy app.
2. What therapy services can I offer using the teletherapy app?
You can offer – mental health therapy, occupational and speech therapy, physical therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy etc.
3. Can I integrate a teletherapy app with IoT or wearable devices?
In fact, it is the best way to improve your therapy outcomes as you will be able to monitor the vital body signs of your patients – at any time from anywhere.