This blog is dedicatedly written for entrepreneurs and healthcare entities, looking for mental health app development amid worsening mental health of Canadians due to the pandemic. This blog contains answers to your questions related to types of mental health apps, top mental health apps, business models, user groups, cost of mental health development and many other crucial things.
Question 1: Why is COVID-19 pandemic the best time to develop a mental health app in Canada?
- On Sunday, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced an aid package worth $240 million for virtual care platforms as well as mental health apps.
- According to CTV News, Canada’s self-reported depression rate has more than doubled during the pandemic.
- During this year’s celebration of #MentalHealthWeek in Canada, leaders and citizens are putting emphasis on achieving long-term mental health goals using technology.
Question 2: What is the market size of mental health apps?
Due to increasing awareness regarding the importance of mental health, the global mental health apps market is expected to skyrocket.
The global mental health apps market accounted for US$547.9 million in 2018 and it is anticipated to generate revenue of US$3,918.40 million by 2027, at the growth rate of 23.7%.
North America including the USA and Canada held the majority of market share in 2018 as awareness related to mental health in the USA and Canada is pretty high.
Question 3: Which are the top mental health apps in Canada?
The following are the top mental health apps in Canada which you should study before planning to develop a mental health app in Ontario, Canada.
According to Similarweb, Calm is the most popular app in the app category of health and fitness in Canada.
The Calm app is equipped with 100+ sleep stories and 30+ soothing nature sound.
It follows the freemium model with premium features at the cost of $12.99/month, $59.99/year and $299.99 for a lifetime subscription.
This app helps with the number of mental health issues including depression, anxiety, and stress by using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT) methods.
With this free app, users can learn ways to break unproductive habits.
Youper was developed by a team of doctors, scientists, and engineers led by Dr. Jose Hamilton.
It is the AI-enabled app that uses AI to personalize the various therapy and mindfulness techniques to fit your needs.
It follows a freemium model. Premium features are available with a subscription option of $44.99 per year.
Question 4: Which are the top types of mental health apps?
Deciding the type of mental health app is the first step toward developing the mental health app.
- General mental health apps: Help users build good habits, control mood, and improve it.
- Mental health education apps: Let users get knowledge of mental health disorders.
- Mental disorder apps: Target specific mental health disorders and showcase treatment to cure it.
- Self-improvement apps: Designed specifically for people who are fit but still want to improve their mental health. These apps offer breathing techniques, meditation, and audio relaxation. This is the most popular type of mental health app.
Question 5: Who are the prospective users of mental health apps?
You as the app owner can easily address user needs if you identify the user groups. The following are the prospective users of mental health apps.
- People with the behavioural disorder
- People with a mental disorder
- People suffering from depression
- People appreciating good mental health and wanting to stay mentally fit
Question 6: Which are top mental health app features?
Regardless of the mental health app category, there are few basic features that should be there in every mental health app.
- Therapist connection
- AI-enabled assistant
Question 7: How to make money with a mental health app?
The following are the most profitable models to make money with the mental health app.
- D2C (Direct-to-Customer)
D2C model promotes direct selling of your service (mental health app) to the customers with a monthly subscription fee.
The Freemium model promotes the utilization of basic features for free and a subscription fee to use premium features.
- Self-insured employer benefits
This model promotes a partnership with employers to give mental wellness services to their employees.
Question 8: How much does mental health app development cost?
We are an Ontario-based top IT management and development firm, serving in the Canadian healthcare industry for more than 7 years.
We accommodate app developers, app designers, business experts and legal advisers who all work together to make your business journey seamless.
Talking about the cost of mental health app development, it depends on many factors. But if we take an average of every factor into account, the mental health app development cost would be somewhere between $10000 to $20000.
To share your requirements and to get an instant personalized quote, please feel free to contact us. Our business expert will welcome you with a free insightful IT consultation.