10 Top Healthcare Project Management Software in 2023 (Pros, Cons, Pricing & Features)
3 months ago
Looking for the best healthcare project management software?
Project management is one of the most essential aspects of any healthcare organization.
Because it helps you improve the performance and functionality of your healthcare setting.
However, it is a complex procedure, so you can’t just implement any tool for it, right?
What you need is – powerful healthcare project management software.
It is an app or platform that helps you optimize and streamline your clinical and business operations with ease.
In this blog, we have covered the top software for healthcare project management along with its pros, cons, and pricing.
Let’s get started!
Top 10 healthcare project management software in 2023
There are multiple software available in the market.
Because of that reason – it is not easy to select the most ideal one.
Hence, at the end of the list, we have shared some important tips for selecting the best software for your healthcare project management.
1. Our healthcare project management solution
Our ready-to-use solution for healthcare project management is the best among all!
Because it’s specifically designed to serve the healthcare industry!
Meanwhile, the rest of the software in the list are – general-purpose solutions.
Using our healthcare project management solution, you can manage your – team, vendor, patient, collaboration and communication, or any kind of operations.
And the following are the real-screen images of our solution.
Its solid features:
- Vendor management
- Team management
- Patient management
- Document management
- No-code checklist maker
- Task management
- Authorization tool
- Order management
- Reminders and notifications
- Medical supply chain management
- It is a HIPAA-compliant platform.
- It comes up with no-code capabilities.
- Multi-user architecture (a separate web portal for internal and external team members)
- Unlimited user accounts with full usage rights
- Healthcare-specific project management tool
- Cloud-based robust web app
- Customization as per your branding and operational requirements
There is only one thing that is missed out here – a video-calling feature!
But if you want video conference functionality – it’ll take us note more than week to implement it in our solution.
A no-code capabilities of our healthcare project management solution
The name “no-code” explains everything!
Means, there is no need for coding knowledge to configure the software or product as per your workflow requirements.
Didn’t get it?
Let’s understand it with a simple example of a custom checklist application maker feature of our solution.
Using our platform, you can easily create a custom checklist with just 6 simple steps.
You just need to select and enter your preference – in the first 5 steps.
And validate what you have already entered in Step 6 – as shown in the below image to create a custom checklist application.
Because it has no-code capabilities, you can create a checklist for literally any workflow you want.
And from one single screen, you can manage all those checklists or tasks.
Unlike the rest software in the list – there are no monthly or yearly fees here for healthcare project management software.
You just need to pay a one-time licensing fee.
With that, you’ll get –
- Lifetime usage rights
- No limits on users
- You can customize the product as much as you want.
ClickUp helps you streamline every clinical and business task from one secure place.
For example – you can easily manage patients' workflows, inventory management, and schedule management at the same time.
Top features of ClickUp:
- Efficient collaboration and communication
- Workflow and document tools
- Patient experience management
- Streamline the clinician onboarding process
- Medical inventory management
- Record and contract management
- Drag and drop functionality to configure the workflows
- User-friendly interface
- Automate contract and SLA processes
- Automated appointment scheduling
- It’s HIPAA compliant.
- Create real-time communication channels even with cross-departments
- Allows integration with over 1000 useful tools
- It doesn’t offer a white-label solution unless its an Enterprise plan which is too costly.
- In the first place, it’s complex to operate because of too many features in one place.
- It is not healthcare-specific.
- It charges based on the number of users.
ClickUp offers a free version with lots of useful features that are best for personal use.
However, for better functionality, you have to pay $5/user per month.
If you need to leverage its all features, you need to go for its higher plan which costs $19/user/month.
SmartSheet is a powerful healthcare project management software.
But does it really deliver smart solutions?
With no doubt, yes!
Because it allows you to automate marketing, IT operations, and scale up enterprise-level programs from one place.
Top features of SmartSheet:
- Collaborate across teams
- Automate workflows
- Secure data management
- Integrate with top EHRs and other collaboration tools
- Manage inventory
- Clinical trial management
- Onboard hospital staff
- The platform is HIPAA, GDPR, and GxP compliant.
- Great support for integration needs
- Allows configuring the workflow as per the needs
- User-friendly interface
- It’s simple to use and easy to learn.
- The dashboard lacks analytics metrics
- Less customization access
- Lack of flexibility in managing dashboards and generating reports
SmartSheet doesn’t offer a free version of its healthcare project management software.
However, it offers a free trial and a working demo of the tool.
And if you want to use it, then its pricing starts from $7/user per month.
It is the ultimate project management software for healthcare.
Nifty helps you to manage a project, tasks, teams, and files from one place.
Top features of Nifty:
- Collaboration and communication
- Milestones (Gantt Chart)
- Tasks management
- Secure document management
- Organize project and portfolio
- It is an easy-to-use platform.
- Allows configuring the workflows with simple drag-and-drop functionality
- Automates your notifications and progress reporting
- It makes onboarding easier.
- Comes up with the free version
- Fewer integration solutions
- Small storage capacity
- Its user interface is a little bit complex.
- No checklist feature
Its pricing starts from $39/month which allows 10 members to use the software at the same time.
5. ClearPoint Strategy
ClearPoint Strategy is the way to streamline your healthcare project management processes.
What makes it special is that – it allows you to improve your organizational functionality with the help of real-world data.
Top features of the ClearPoint Strategy:
- Automate project reporting
- Make data-driven decisions for planning and decision
- Automatic notification
- Easily fits every healthcare project management needs
- Simple to use
- Allows to create a multi-project dashboard
- Create Gantt Charts
- Set an alert for yourself and your team
- It does not allow you to configure the workflows as per your requirements.
- Fewer customization options
- Finding the features in the admin dashboard is frustrating due to the vast amount of features in one place
Not mentioned on their website.
This healthcare project management software is specifically designed to simplify the tasks and operations of healthcare teams.
That’s the reason, top companies like Coca-cola, NBC, Bridgestone, and Cisco are already using it.
So, is it really effective for healthcare project management?
Let’s find out.
Top features of Redbooth:
- Task management with a custom tag option
- Workforce management tool
- Secure communication
- Visual project timelines
- Generate insightful reports
- HD Video meetings
- Assign tasks to each team member with ease
- It is a perfect platform for team collaboration and brainstorming ideas.
- User-friendly interface
- Face-to-face meetings
- It also comes up with a mobile application.
- Fewer customization options
- It offers only 2 GB of file storage.
- Difficult to onboard to the team due to the lack of email functionality
The basic plan starts from $9/user/month.
It is an open-source healthcare project management software.
Meaning, it allows you to see, modify, and improve the platform as per your requirements.
This helps healthcare settings to create an organization-centric plan and implement complex projects without any hassle.
Top features of the OpenProject:
- Manage all the tasks in one place
- Improve planning and administration with Gantt charts
- Control and track workflows
- Budget planning and control
- No installation and operating costs
- Efficient collaboration
- Flexible even for the most complex projects
- Some features are locked behind the monthly or yearly fees
- As it is open source, there is a high possibility of data privacy issues
The free version is available with some common functionalities.
To use key features, you have to pay €5.95/user/month.
Workzone is an award-winning project management tool that covers almost 5 other industries apart from healthcare.
In fact, it was the first healthcare project management software in the market.
But why it is rated #1 on all the software review sites?
Let’s find out!
Top features of the Workzone:
- Manage all the projects from the single dashboard
- All-in-one tasks management
- Secure collaboration
- Allows to create a personalized to-do list
- Unlimited (free) training
- Great customer support
- Excellent dashboard
- Complex to understand
- Difficult to create and manage templates
- A little bit costlier
Its premium plan starts from $24/user/month.
nTask is a powerful healthcare project management software.
Its name indicates that it is specifically designed to break down the complex project related to a task and team.
Besides, it simplifies project planning by bringing all the planning tools under the same roof.
On top of that – its drag-and-drop feature for Kanban boards gives you 4X efficiency and full flexibility.
Top features of nTask:
- Project management
- Gantt chart
- Meeting management
- Task management
- Team management
- Issue tracking
- Kanban board
- Time tracking and timesheet
- Risk management
- Prioritize project planning in 2 clicks
- Drag and drop feature for Kanban boards
- Can make discussion notes during meetings
- Its time-tracking feature helps in saving time for each task and project.
- Less customization options
- Difficult to use
- It lacks an advanced reporting feature.
First, it offers a 7-day free trial.
Then, you have to pay $3/month/user for its basic plan.
Wrike is a cloud-based healthcare project management software.
And it is known for its powerful and time-saving work management feature.
On top of that, its collaboration and automation give 360° visibility and control over the entire project.
Top features of Wrike:
- Mobile and desktop apps
- Cross-tagging for streamlined workflows
- Kanban boards
- Project resource planning
- Gantt charts
- Dynamic request forms
- Workflow and task management
- Have customizable dashboard
- Can integrate 400+ other apps
- Automated notification
- Comes up with advance-level security
- Simplifies intake process
- It is quite expensive for small practices.
- Poor user interface
- A mobile app has limited features
- Requires training
It has a free version that contains some of the basic features like task management.
To use its premium version – you have to pay $9.80/user/month.
How to choose the best healthcare project management software?
Improving your healthcare project operations is an essential task and finding the best tool for it is crucial!
A great healthcare project management solution will help you improve your clinical and business operations with less frustration.
In fact, it can also help in finding the best possible way to improve your healthcare project performance.
All you have to do is – go through the list of software we have mentioned and find the best one that suits your needs.
But if you are still finding it difficult, the below-mentioned 7 steps will surely help you.
- Identify your needs
- Compare it with all the software listed in our blog
- Determine how simple it is to integrate it with other health tech solutions
- Does the software customizable as per your unique needs?
- Put together all these aspects and discuss them with your team members
- Get a live demo of the product
- Evaluate all the performance aspects and select the software
But to save time (and money), why not get a free demo of our HIPAA-compliant healthcare project management solution?
It’s clearly the best among all that gives ultimate transparency in usage, full customization, affordability, and peace of mind – all these values in one single place!